By popular demand, DMLC has added MXNet support for Keras. Please follow these steps for having it:
- After having CUDA driver, install MXNet like
pip install mxnet-cu80
- Install Keras with MXNet support:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/dmlc/keras cd keras python setup.py install
- Assign MXNet as Keras backend:
KERAS_BACKEND=mxnet python -c "from keras import backend"
“Using MXNet backend.” means Keras+MXNet is successfully installed. Enjoy.
- I am using Windows, can I have it? Yes, just replace step 1 with pip install mxnet-cu80-win
- I don’t have a GPU, can I have a try? Yes, just replace step 1 with pip install mxnet or pip install mxnet–mkl if you have Intel CPU(s).
- How is compared to TensorFlow backend? em, do you want to benchmark it? Please feel free to submit benchmark results and bugs to github issue.